Tyla is like Family. But if I tell you how exactly it will sound really convoluted so we will just say family and leave it at that! Tyla married Kevin in Virginia Beach on one of 2018's most popular wedding days August 8, 2018 (8.18.18). Check out her Wedding Recap!
1. What was your favorite part of wedding planning and why?
Honestly, I loved every single thing about wedding planning, except for the spending money part! I’m a planner at heart and seeing all the hard work come together was my favorite part!
2. What was your least favorite part and why?
Finding a venue! That’s the ultimate key, it was the hardest part of planning! With no venue, there is no wedding! And with Kevin being stuck with 8/18/18 as our wedding date I was limited to options for a date that had been booked by brides 1 or 2 years prior!
3. Between engagement and Wedding Day how long did you have to plan?
We got engaged 10/28/17 Wedding Day was 8/18/18 so roughly 9 months
4. Do you feel that the time frame was sufficient or do you wish you had more time?
Not at all!!!!! Kevin knew he was going to propose when he purchased my ring in August 2017 (he told me when he bought it just a few months ago). So he was super ready! I could’ve waited until 2019! I wouldn’t have had to rush on the venue, or make quick decisions!
5. In what order did you book your vendors? (Cake, DJ, Photographer, Videographer, Venue, Florist, etc. )
Venue first, then DJ(he was our wedding gift from a relative),Photographer, Cake, I did all my own floral, Day of Coordinator, Videographer(Last minute decision), Photobooth (very last minute decision)
6. What's your best piece of advice for a bride in the planning stage?
Enjoy every moment! It can be stressful, and overwhelming, but the end result is always a dream come true!
7. If you could do it all over again what is one thing you would do differently?
To live in the moment of the actual day! There is so much hustle and bustle to get down the aisle, that the rest of the day just flies by!
8. On a scale of 1 -10 how involved was Kevin on the wedding planning (10 being heavily involved)
I’ll give him an 20! Lol Groomzilla was involved from beginning to end, the only time he wasn’t was when it came to my dress!
9. Did you stay under, just within, or over your wedding budget? (If you went over, what was your biggest expense)
Budget? I don’t think we ever truly set a budget, after seeing the average costs for vendors we were kind of just like, “oh, okay we can handle that”. More advice——>Don’t be like Tyla and Kevin, set a real budget! A number you can write down!
Our biggest expense hands down was a venue with an open bar.
10. Did you have a planner or day-of coordinator? if not do you think your day would have been better with one?
I did have a day of coordinator! She was amazing